The Independent Race & Equality Partnership for Lancashire (IREP)
The IREP was established in October 2020 as a response to the increased recognition of the systematic marginalisation of minority ethnic and other minority communities across Lancashire, and due to their under-representation within the public sector.
Vision: “A Lancashire where equality, equity, and inclusion is a sustainable reality for all.”
Mission: “To challenge structures, systems, and services by providing advice, solutions, and practical support, enabling inclusivity for all.”
The IREP seeks to:
- Work in co-operation with statutory, voluntary, and other bodies where there is a perceived or actual lack of equity.
- Identify areas of service provision by public, voluntary, or private sector bodies in all areas where there is a perceived or actual lack of equity and equality with particular regard to minority ethnic and other marginalised communities to bring about positive changes.
- Scrutinise, advice, challenge and inform any organisation where systemic issues of inequality are identified or referred by Network members or others interested in advancing the work of the Panel through the provision of support to drive change or development.
- If appropriate, to commission research or to study, assess or inform research already being undertaken at local, regional, or national levels.
- Negotiate, develop, improve & encourage those bodies to improve provision for all where such discrepancies/inequalities are shown to exist.
- Act as the validating body for organisations recommended as being Charter Mark ready
- To encourage organisations to work towards the achievement of a recognised Charter Mark supporting BAME communities.
The current composition of the IREP is 14 members – comprising Chief Executives and other members of the VCFSE sector; Local Councillors and academics. Meetings take place monthly with members working towards the vision of a Lancashire in which equality, equity, and inclusion are a sustainable reality for all.
If you would like further information or would like to be supported by the IREP, please contact Naz Zaman – Secretariat to the IREP: firstname.lastname@example.org